Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Trouble with Socks


I think a lot of hardcore knitters have this problem but I think for me it's starting to get out of hand. I have one of all of these socks but no mates. You know what the sick part of this is? I know that I should start making the mates but instead I've already decided to use some Tofutsies to make some Jaywalkers. Oh well, I think I just have to let it go and realize I'll get around to making the mates some day. Until then, bring on the Socks that Rock Yarn and I'll find some new patterns to try!

6 comments:

Bellflower said...

Oooh! What's that one on the very end of the chair? It looks delish!

Lucy said...

The self-striping tan one? That is Opal sock yarn in their Hundertwasser line. Sock yarn inspired by the work of a German artist. You can find in at www.funknits.com

aunty tink said...

maybe two socks at once? bring on the long circs. and the tofootsie!

Lucy said...

Yah, this might be the way to go, I'll have to get Dana to show me how.

carmelclose said...

I hate to be the weird one in the sock world, but I have yet to not finish a mate. When I learned to knit socks, it was thrashed into my head to always start the mate and to this day socks will wait on the needles before I start another pair.....

Bellflower said...

I too, always make one, then I make the other one. I guess we are both strange, it just never occurred to me to do it any other way.